Trainee Software Development Engineer
Are you fascinated by serverless technologies and distributed systems? Do you want to work with the latest and greatest in cloud technologies, tackle scalability challenges, and team up with people from around the world? Do you think you are stuck in developing monotonous CRUD based applications/systems in day-to-day life in legacy technologies and systems? Do you think you are not getting an opportunity to learn these bleeding-edge technologies?
Craftsmen is putting together a high-performance team of developers and will train them with these bleeding-edge technologies and practices. If you think that you are a great problem solver, a fast learner and want to embrace with latest and greatest technologies then this is the right job to go for.
Preferred expertise areas:
Experience requirement is from 0 to 2 years in any language and platform. You will get preference over other candidates if you have prior experience in Python/NodeJs and off course if you have prior experience in AWS/GCP/Azure or any other cloud platform.
What you will be expecting
- This is a full-time employment role. The probation period will be consisting of a training period which is 6 months.
- The training will be conducted by expert engineers having more than a decade of professional software development experience in Bangladesh and Europe who are involved in serverless technologies for the last 3 years.
- We shall focus on NodeJs and Python and AWS as a cloud platform, as front-end technologies we will focus on React and Vue.
- You will get hands-on training on AWS Cognito, AWS Lambda, AWS Fargate, S3, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, AI/ML Services from AWS, Various Media Services from AWS, EC2 autoscaling, etc.
- You will also get hands-on training on Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform) and on the serverless framework itself.
- You do not have to give any bond. We do not believe in enslaving people with this kind of rude stuff. You can leave us anytime by following our mutual termination period as per our employment contract which is 1 month. However, our request would be to only apply to us if you think and believe you can stay longer with us.
- The selection procedure is a bit tedious and will be consisting of at least 5 steps which will consist of online screening, online selection test, on-site assessment test, in-person technical assessment, and HR interview.
- Depending on your prior experience the duration of the training period will be from 3 months to 6 months.
- Craftsmen offer flexible timings, developer-focused work culture, and most importantly, an opportunity to grow exponentially as a software engineer
- After successful completion of the training period, you will be placed in our existing teams
- Professional attitude: You take your commitments seriously, challenge yourself, and strive to perform assigned duties with exceptional quality.
- Quick learner: You are open to learn and adapt new technologies quickly, as and when needed.
- Communication: You are able to communicate with our foreign counterparts across the globe on a daily basis in a clear and intelligible way, clarifying requirements as needed, to make sure we build the right product.
- Sense of ownership: You are able to take over responsibility for building and maintaining parts of a big project independently.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
What we offer
- Seriously advanced work: This is an exciting opportunity to build ground-breaking products for big players in the industry with the latest cloud and mobile stacks, exercising industry best practices.
- Great mentors: You can learn from and tap into the wealth of vast experience we have in our team here and abroad, whenever you need.
- Salary: above market average, depending on skills and experience.
- Yearly increment based on performance.
- Weekend: Saturday and Sunday.
- 4 weeks of paid leave
- 2 weeks of paternity leave
- 6 months of maternity leave
- Leave Encashment
- All the public holidays as declared by the Bangladesh Government.
- Flexible office timing.
- Two Eid Bonuses.
- Child Birth Bonus
- Wedding Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Hospitalization Safety Net for self, spouse, children, parents, and parents of the spouse.
- Mobile and internet allowances.
- Possibility of short and long-term work opportunities abroad.
- Regular team-building events, parties, etc.
- Fully subsidized delicious lunch, snacks, drinks, etc
- Job Location: Baridhara DOHS, Dhaka
- Job Nature: Full Time
If you find this interesting and want to be a part of our team, then feel free to send your CV to [email protected] with the subject line TSDEQ421-LanguageYouAreProficientWith-University-YearsOfProfessionalExperience.
Application Deadline: 22nd October 2021
Craftsmen is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.