Software Development Engineer (Python)
Do you want to be part of a multinational engineering team working on solving complex problems of scaling live delivery for global broadcasters and OTT platforms? Do you have enough skills in Python and AWS platforms to dare yourself to jump into this challenge?
Craftsmen is looking for Senior Software Engineers having extensive skills and experience covering but not limited to the following.
- Work collaboratively within a team to design, write and maintain high-quality code in a timely manner.
- Use an analytical approach to solve problems, paying attention to detail.
- Support colleagues by sharing knowledge, participating in code reviews, and pair programming.
- Participate and contribute to the design of solutions to complex problems.
- Liaise with stakeholders and clients to design, test, and deliver required features and functionality.
- Support the Operations team to resolve issues in internal and customer-facing environments.
- Be resourceful and use your own initiative when required.
- Work in an Agile environment using Scrum or other methodologies.
- Experience writing quality code in Python.
- Detailed knowledge of AWS services.
- Competency writing unit tests.
- Experience and knowledge of video standards and streaming media protocols will be a plus.
- Mentoring and support of junior team members.
- Maintain and write quality documentation.
- Maintain and improve tools for continuous deployment and monitoring of systems.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience in handling edge cases and failure scenarios when writing code.
- Awareness of performance concerns, scalability, and optimization.
- Knowledge of asynchronous processing tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Seriously advanced work: This is an exciting opportunity to build ground-breaking products for big players in the industry with latest cloud and mobile stacks, exercising industry best practices.
- Great mentors: You can learn from and tap into the wealth of vast experience we have in our team here and abroad, whenever you need.
- Salary: above market average, depending on skills and experience.
- Yearly increment based on performance.
- Weekend: Saturday and Sunday.
- 4 weeks of paid leave
- 2 weeks of paternity leave
- 6 months of maternity leave
- Leave Encashment
- All the public holidays as declared by the Bangladesh Government.
- Flexible office timing.
- Two Eid Bonuses.
- Child Birth Bonus
- Wedding Bonus
- Hospitalization Safety Net for self, spouse, children, parents, and parents of the spouse.
- Mobile and internet allowances.
- Possibility of short and long-term work opportunities abroad.
- Regular team-building events, parties, etc.
- Fully subsidized delicious lunch, snacks, drinks, etc
- Job Location: Baridhara DOHS, Dhaka
- Job Nature: Full Time
If you find this interesting and want to be a part of our team, then feel free to send your CV to [email protected] with the subject line SDEQ421S-Python-University-YearsOfProfessionalExperience.
Craftsmen is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Life in Craftsmen