Software Development Engineer in Testing
Published on: February 07, 2020
This career opportunity has expired.
Do you want to build great software for leading international media organizations who want the speed, flexibility and scale that public cloud solutions offer? Do you want to work in an environment which breaks traditional ways of working and move to continuous delivery through test, release and deployment automation? Then we are looking for you.
At Craftsmen we recognize the importance of development and operational excellence and our approach to building software puts both right at the center of what we do. As a Software Development Engineer in Testing at Craftsmen you are responsible for ensuring quality of our systems to the highest standards through test automation.
You will be responsible for implementing test automation, performing testing, generating test reports for video-on-demand and live streaming systems on the cloud.
- Experience with creating test cases, test plans, bug reports, and test execution reports.
- Experience of test automation for Microservices based systems
- Experience in using BDD frameworks for module and system integration testing
- Experience with UI testing and test automation with open source tools (Selenium)
- Experience of testing on cloud infrastructure - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Linux platform and networking with TLS
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with testing audio/video streaming, caching, and distribution systems
- Experience with audio/video inspection tools
- Experience with performance testing tools like Gatling
- Define and promote best practices of software testing within the organization
Preferred expertise areas
- Experience of video and audio encoding technologies, including Elemental Live, Unified Streaming Platform, AWS Media Live.
- A reasonable understanding of HLS, MPEG Dash, Smooth, MPEG Transport Streams, H.264, PlayReady, Widevine.
- The use of FFMPEG and other open source audio video tools
What we offer
- Seriously advanced work: This is an exciting opportunity to build ground-breaking products for big players in the industry with latest cloud and mobile stacks, exercising industry best practices.
- Great mentors: You can learn from and tap into the wealth of vast experience we have in our team here and abroad, whenever you need.
- Salary: above market average, depending on skills and experience.
- Two festival bonuses.
- Yearly increment based on performance.
- Flexible vacation policy including paternity and maternity leave.
- Two-day weekend.
- Mobile and internet allowances.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Possibility of short and long term work opportunities abroad.
- Annual team building event.
If you find this interesting and want to be a part of our team, then feel free to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line SDETQ120-University-YearsOfExperience.