Senior Software Engineer
Published on: October 23, 2019
Do you want to be part of a multinational engineering team working on solving complex problem of scaling live delivery for global broadcasters and OTT platforms? Do you have enough skills in Python and AWS platform to dare yourself to jump in to this challenge?
Craftsmen is looking for Senior Software Engineers having extensive skills and experience covering but not limited to the followings.
- Work collaboratively within a team to design, write and maintain high quality code in a timely manner.
- Use an analytical approach to solve problems, paying attention to detail.
- Support colleagues by sharing knowledge, participating in code reviews and pair programming.
- Participate and contribute in the design of solutions to complex problems.
- Liaise with stakeholders and clients to design, test and deliver required features and functionality.
- Support the Operations team to resolve issues in internal and customer facing environments.
- Be resourceful and use own initiative when required.
- Work in an Agile environment using Scrum or other methodologies.
- Experience writing quality code in Python or other languages as required.
- Detailed knowledge of AWS services.
- Competency writing unit tests.
- Experience and knowledge of video standards and streaming media protocols.
- Mentoring and support of junior team members.
- Maintain and write quality documentation.
- Maintain and improve tools for continuous deployment and monitoring of systems.
- Experience of version control systems such as Git.
- Experience of handling edge cases and failure scenarios when writing code.
- Awareness of performance concerns, scalability and optimisation.
- Knowledge of asynchronous processing tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- At least five (5) years of professional software development experience
- Seriously advanced work: This is an exciting opportunity to build ground-breaking products for big players in the industry with latest cloud and mobile stacks, exercising industry best practices.
- Great mentors: You can learn from and tap into the wealth of vast experience we have in our team here and abroad, whenever you need.
- Salary: above market average, depending on skills and experience.
- Two festival bonuses.
- Yearly increment based on performance.
- Flexible vacation policy including paternity and maternity leave.
- Weekend: Saturday and Sunday.
- Mobile and internet allowances.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Possibility of short and long term work opportunities abroad.
- Annual team building event.
- Job Location: Baridhara DOHS, Dhaka
- Job Nature: Full Time
If you find this interesting and want to be a part of our team, then feel free to send your CV to email@example.com with a subject line SDEQ419-University-YearsOfExperience.